This site is brought to you by me… Lori V. Fogarsi. Having been self-employed my entire life, my career has developed in an interesting way: What began as owning a dog training school developed into becoming a professional speaker, journalist, columnist, business consultant, and published author. (For the full story, please scroll down.)
A combination of all of my endeavors, you can enjoy a plethora of information from all areas of my career, right here at LoriTheAuthor.com!
- Author: Of full-length books. “Momnesia,” contemporary women’s fiction/chick lit, published 2012, designated as finalist in Indie Excellence Book Awards. Nonfiction book, “Everything You Need to Know About House Training Puppies and Adult Dogs,” published 2005, has been widely acclaimed in its genre by vets, groomers, rescue personnel and other pet professionals.
- Professional Public Speaker: Have taught seminars at colleges, private, and corporate venues for 15+ years.
- Certified Master Dog Trainer: Owned two dog training schools for a total of 15 years.
- Writer: Freelance, journalist, and columnist. Have written for a multitude of magazines and newspapers, including a syndicated column.
- Small Business Consultant: Work with small businesses on a case-by-case basis, providing individualized creative marketing, business improvement, expense reduction, and event coordination services.
Lori Verni-Fogarsi has worked as a freelance writer, journalist, columnist, and seminar speaker for more than fifteen years. MOMNESIA is her first novel (publication date 3/16/2012) and she is the author of the nonfiction book, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOUSE TRAINING PUPPIES AND ADULT DOGS (published in 2005), which has been widely acclaimed in its genre.
Verni-Fogarsi began her writing career in an unusual way: With a monthly newsletter for her small business–a dog training school! Over time, she became well known not only for her dog behavior knowledge and writing skills, but also for her business acumen. She was surprised at first when she was approached by magazines and newspapers requesting articles on pet behavior, small business, and parenting, as well as universities and advanced placement programs requesting seminars on pets and business marketing.
For 15+ years, her articles have appeared in a multitude of publications including “New York Parent,” “The Pet Gazette,” “Franchise Advantage,” and many more. She has worked as a journalist and columnist for the Heartland Publications family of newspapers, and has taught seminars at Nassau Community College, North Carolina State University, and many private and corporate venues.
Major media appearances have included being a featured speaker for a live Lifetime Women’s Network event, television appearances including the My Carolina Today Show and many major network news pieces, a radio guest on a multitude of programs including Joe Wade Formicola, a feature article in Oprah Magazine, a live online chat host for The Boston Globe, and many more.
Most recently, Verni-Fogarsi’s novel, MOMNESIA, was published. A fun and feisty read, she is excited to bring you this funny, yet thought-provoking story of a suburban mom trying to find balance between her “momminess” and her “sexiness.” Enhanced by custom-painted artwork, a Reader’s Discussion Guide, and a national and virtual book tour, MOMNESIA has become a big hit with book clubs, discussion groups, and more.
Verni-Fogarsi is a happily married mother of two and step mom of two more. In her free time, she enjoys traveling with her husband, Mark, as well as reading, dining out, boating, napping, and hitting the town. Many of their weekends are also hectically enjoyed attending their childrens’ various activities, including dance competitions, drill team meets, chorus, and theater performances. She has two cats, both rotten.
Originally a native New Yorker, Verni-Fogarsi now divides her time between Raleigh, NC, and Lake Gaston, VA, where she is hard at work on her next novel, UNEXPECTING, about a couple of almost-empty-nesters who are faced with the sudden appearance of a pregnant teenage daughter they never knew existed.
She invites you to peruse this website, and also join her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LoriTheAuthor.
If you’d like to contact her, you may do so here.