Welcome participating bloggers! You have arrived at the information area for LoriTheAuthor’s Sizzling Winter Blog Hop & Treasure Hunt! (Uh oh… did you miss the signup for this? (Deadline was 9/30/12.) Contact me at loriverni at gmail dot com to see if you can be added in.)
Is it complicated to set up? NO! Here is how it works: (Please don’t be intimidated by the length of this post! It’s only because I provided detailed setup instructions below for those who will need it!)
You will complete the sign up form (below) and I’ll send you your free book. Deadline to request your book is September 30, 2012.Already done! Next step is to read the book & set up your blog post! Your book will be shipped by October 2… keep an eye out!
- You will post a minimum 200 word review of the book on your blog ON Thursday, November 1, 2012, along with a giveaway (any giveaway of your choice valued at $10 or more). NOTE: You may set up the post earlier but please don’t make it public until November 1, 2012.
- Within your review, you will include the phrase “My Treasure Hunt Clue: ALL CAPS” (Please be sure to use the treasure hunt word you listed in your signup form and put it in ALL CAPS).
- At the bottom of your post, please be sure to include a link to the Main Treasure Hunt on my site, where people can enter their treasure hunt clue and one person will win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!
- When people go to the main treasure hunt on my site, it will drive them to all of your participating sites too!
- We will all share the reviews/giveaways with our followers and via social media. The more we all share the more we all benefit!
- Remember, all the other participants will also be promoting your blog/giveaway because they’ll be promoting their giveaway and the main treasure hunt too!
Please bookmark this page so you can come back to get the codes & info you’ll need to set up your blog post. THANKS! I look forward to working & playing together! BLOGS WILL BE ADDED TO THE LINK LIST IN THE ORDER IN WHICH I RECEIVE YOUR FINAL BLOG POST LINK (see #6 below.)
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS/RESOURCES FOR WHEN YOU’RE READY TO SET UP YOUR BLOG POST
1. Please use the event logo (above, right) everywhere possible. It should be easy to find on your blog, should appear in your blog post, and you should use it as often as possible when promoting the event! You can make it link to either your blog post where the review/giveaway/linky/treasure hunt is, OR you can link it to my site where the main giveaway takes place.
- To copy the image and save to your computer, do this: PC users, right click on it and choose SAVE. Mac users, press Control, click on it, and choose SAVE IMAGE.
- Or the image address is: http://www.loritheauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/sizzling-winter-blog-hop.jpg
- To link it to your blog post, insert the image to your website, then put your blog post link in the “link to” section.
- To link it to my main event page on LoriTheAuthor.com, use this link: http://www.loritheauthor.com/sizzling-winter/
2. Your book review should be at least 200 words long and should include your opinion about the book, the book cover image, and a link to buy it on Amazon. (***I would very much appreciate if you will please also post your review on Amazon, Goodreads, and any other places online. Thank you… I very much appreciate your time!)
- “Momnesia” Book Cover: Image address: http://www.loritheauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2005/04/9780984028467.MAIN_-e1344015123921.jpg
- “Momnesia” Book Link to Amazon: http://goo.gl/911KP (If you have your own affiliate code, feel free to use it.)
- “Everything You Need to Know About House Training Puppies and Adult Dogs” Book Cover: Image address: http://www.loritheauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/housebreaking-book-cover-correct.jpg
- “Everything You Need to Know About House Training Puppies and Adult Dogs” Link to Amazon: http://goo.gl/gdteo (If you have your own affiliate code, feel free to use it.)
- Don’t forget to include the phrase My Treasure Hunt Word: YOUR WORD IN ALL CAPS.
- Resources for you to use to learn more about the book, its awards, my bio, etc.
- Momnesia info page:http://www.loritheauthor.com/loris-books/momnesia/
- “Everything You Need to Know About House Training Puppies and Adult Dogs” info page: http://www.loritheauthor.com/loris-books/housebreaking-dogs-book/
- Lori’s Bio page: http://www.loritheauthor.com/about-lori/
3. To set up your giveaway, you may use any method you like, but I highly recommend Rafflecopter. It’s completely free, very easy to use, and people are familiar with it. www.Rafflecopter.com.
- Set rafflecopter to begin on November 1, 2012 and end on December 16, 2012.
- Do not provide more than 5 entry options.
- Only one entry can be “mandatory.” I recommend not making any mandatory.
- None of your options may “require” people to enter every day. (“Option” to come back and tweet every day is fine.)
- Follow the rafflecopter instructions to embed the rafflecopter code on your blog post/book review page. (See below)
4. Your treasure hunt word. Don’t forget to include it somewhere in your article where it’s easy to find. (See sample blog post below.)
- Include treasure hunt word in ALL CAPS somewhere in your blog post where it’s easy to find!
5. Link to my Treasure Hunt Post so people can enter to win the GRAND PRIZE… $100 AMAZON CASH! (See sample below.)
- The address for the Main Treasure Hunt Post is: http://www.loritheauthor.com/sizzling-winter/
- The shortened link (convenient for tweeting, etc,) is: http://wp.me/p2CC6f-eh
6. Send me the link directly to your blog post once it’s all done so I can make sure it’s all set up correctly (and see the review you wrote… hope you’ll love my books!) PLEASE BE SURE TO SEND ME THIS NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1, 2012. Your blog will be added in the order I receive the confirmation links… the sooner you set this all up and send it to me, the higher you will be on the Main Treasure Hunt Link List! IMPORTANT: You may set up your blog post early but please do not make it public until Nov. 1. It is your responsibility to send me the correct link and make sure it will work… otherwise when people visit the main treasure hunt, they will not arrive at your blog correctly!
7. Share, share, share! The more we all promote, the more we’ll all receive more visitors, more social love, more new followers, etc. Please be sure to share your post with your blog followers, pin it on Pinterest, tweet it on Twitter, post about it on Facebook, etc.
8. On December 16, choose your winner! Please be prompt about sending them their prize, so it will make it a nice extra holiday gift for them!
9. Keep in touch! I am running this blog hop & treasure hunt not only so I can promote my books, but also so I can get to know you… you fabulous blogger you! I encourage you to sign up to receive my newsletter (right sidebar) so you’ll stay posted when I run additional promotions and/or have cool news to share!
IF YOU NEED MORE HELP, USE THIS INFO: YOU MAY WRITE YOUR OWN POST, OR USE THE BELOW SAMPLE BLOG POST IF YOU PREFER (FEEL FREE TO COPY/PASTE THE BELOW, THEN CUSTOMIZE IT FOR USE ON YOUR BLOG! JUST REPLACE ALL THE SPOTS WHERE IT IS ALL CAPS WITH YOUR OWN CONTENT!)
Welcome! I was excited to receive a copy of “BOOK TITLE” in exchange for a fair and honest review. Not only that, but it’s all part of a fun giveaway event called the Sizzling Winter Blog Hop & Treasure Hunt!
TWO HUNDRED WORDS OR MORE ABOUT THE BOOK AND WHETHER YOU LIKED IT, RECOMMEND IT, ETC.
Lori Verni-Fogarsi has been a freelance writer, journalist, columnist, business consultant, speaker, and author for 15+ years. She is a happily married mom of two, step mom of two more, and has two cats, both rotten. You can learn more about her at www.LoriTheAuthor.com.
If you’d like to purchase the book for yourself or as a gift, you can order it easily on Amazon. LINK TO THE BOOK ON AMAZON HERE–LINK ADDRESS IS PROVIDED ABOVE. BE SURE TO INCLUDE BOOK COVER IMAGE TOO, THANKS!
And now on to other fun! There are tons of prizes you can win! First, enter my giveaway TO WIN A ??? WHATEVER YOUR ITEM IS just below. Then, go to the main treasure hunt–the grand prize is a $100 Amazon Gift Card! Yes, seriously! Click here to go to the main treasure hunt. MAKE SURE THIS IS A LIVE LINK TO THIS ADDRESS: http://www.loritheauthor.com/sizzling-winter/ THANKS. Just find YOUR BLOG’S NAME on the treasure hunt list and enter my treasure hunt clue: YOUR ALL CAPS TREASURE HUNT WORD. You’ll be entered to win a $100 Amazon Gift Card! You’ll also find links to the many other sites so you can find their clues too, and receive extra entries! Plus, every site is having their own additional giveaway! (Are you thinking “Woo Hoo” about this Blog Hop/Treasure Hunt? Because I sure am! How cool is this?!)
First, enter my giveaway. Please give it a moment for the entry form to load. Good luck!
PASTE YOUR RAFFLECOPTER CODE HERE.
Next, click here to open the main treasure hunt entry form. PLEASE BE SURE THIS LINKS TO THIS ADDRESS http://www.loritheauthor.com/sizzling-winter/ THANKS! Input YOUR BLOG’S NAME secret treasure hunt word, then be sure to visit all of the other sites to find theirs too! (Don’t worry, all of the links are on there.)
Thanks for playing! I hope you enjoyed the book review and wish you luck in the giveaways. Have fun with the treasure hunt!
If you enjoyed this, please share with your friends. Thanks!
END OF SAMPLE BLOG POST.
Have questions? Please post them in the comments here so when I answer, everyone will have access to the answers. If you have a private question, you may email me directly at loriverni “at” gmail “dot” com.
LET’S SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER!
One of the benefits of participating in a blog hop is the opportunity to get to know other like-minded bloggers! Below is the info for all of the participants… let’s support one another by “liking” each other on Facebook, following on Twitter, and following one another’s blogs! (I’ll be adding everyone’s info in the order in which I receive final links to their blog post.)
- LoriTheAuthor: Follow Blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Marvy Moms: Follow Blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Barry On The Road: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Jordanna East: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- The Mom’s Resource: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- The Writer’s Corner: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Tidbits From a Mom: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- My Name is Sage: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Celia Hayes’ Blog: Follow blog, Friend on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Come Wag Along: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Mom Spot: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Macaroni Kid, Durham: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Macaroni Kid, N. Raleigh: Follow blog, (Facebook & Twitter same as above)
- Macaroni Kid, S. Raleigh: Follow blog, (Facebook & Twitter same as above)
- Joel Mark Harris, Author: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Heartprints Pets: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- My Devotional Thoughts: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- One + One = Four: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Coupon Crazy Sisters: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Bookhounds: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- My ReCe’s Pieces: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Renaissance Mom: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- Coupons In Motion: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
- So Many Books, Here’s Mine: Follow blog, Like on Facebook, Follow on Twitter
Let’s make this a fantastic event, everyone! The more we all promote, the more we all benefit!
HASHTAG FOR EVENT IS #SizzlingWinterBlogHop. (If you don’t know what a hashtag is, it’s a thing used on Twitter to help promote a specific thing. You type it as part of your tweet as shown, including the # with no spaces.)
Thanks for participating!
Lori V. Fogarsi (LoriTheAuthor)
Thanks for visiting! If you enjoyed this, please comment and/or use the sharing buttons below!
I'm an author, speaker, and small business consultant. My books include: "Unexpecting" and "Momnesia" (Contemporary Women's Fiction), and "Everything You Need to Know About House Training Puppies and Adult Dogs" (Nonfiction). To learn more about my public speaking, business consulting, and more, please use the menu at the top of this page. Thanks for your interest!