Your website is the online “showcase” of your business!
It is often the first impression—and could be the deciding factor for visitors considering your business. The most important aspects include:
- Visually appealing, easy-to-navigate layout
- Pertinent information easy to find; More detailed info accessible too
- Professional appearance, everything spelled correctly and works correctly on both regular computers and mobile devices
- Send the main marketing message of the business
- Make visitors comfortable so they want to make additional contact
Just a few of the sites I’ve built include:
- This site: www.LoriTheAuthor.com
- Shorelines by Design: www.ShorelinesByDesign.com
- Peak Performance Fitness and Nutrition: www.PeakPerformanceApex.com
- Shannon Kate Photography: www.ShannonKatePhotography.com
- Your Organized Life: www.YourOrganizedLife.org
- Cedarwood Mobile Veterinary Services: www.CedarwoodMobileVet.com
- NC Pool Safety Fence & Solutions: www.NCPoolSafety.com
- Simply Elegant Designs: www.Simply-Elegant-Designs.com
- My Place to Rent: www.MyPlaceToRent.com
Each site is custom-built for your specific needs. Features such as slideshows, an online store, a blogroll for articles you may post—or whatever other features would benefit you most, are all integrated to make it the best site it can be. Or, if you just need a static site with basic information, that can be done too!
Options for ongoing website maintenance:
- Static site: I set everything up in the beginning so that nothing foreseeable will need to be changed at all
- Self-modifying site: I set everything up initially, and provide easy-to-follow instructions so you can update on your own
- Ongoing maintenance: I update your site on an as-needed basis, per your request
Hosting is the server that “houses” your website in cyberspace. You do not need to understand this. What you do need to understand is that it’s got to be hosted somewhere.
- I only build and maintain websites that I host. The reason is because I need to have access to back up your website regularly…especially right before doing updates! If your site is already hosted elsewhere, I can help you with moving it over. Hosting with me is only $50 per year and includes automatic back up of your entire site monthly.
Without knowing exactly what features you’ll need, or number of pages you’ll want to have, it’s impossible to say exactly how much it would cost. However, pricing is reasonable, and here is a sample to give you an idea:
- 4-7 information pages on your site (“pages” are different than “blog posts”…if you have an existing blog, each article does not get counted as “a separate page.”)
- Custom-designed site (colors, layout, etc.)
- Custom-designed header (graphic at top portion)
- Use of your logo, if you have one
- Social media integration (sharing and following)
- One “super-feature”: This might be a fabulous slideshow of photos, a feed from another site, integrating a payment system, online appointment setting, etc.
- Assistance with wording, getting your message across, and everything edited correctly so there are no spelling or grammatical errors
- Easy-to-follow instructions so you can write your own blog posts and add images to them
- Links to other pertinent pages/areas of interest on your site
- Basic search engine optimization so people can find you on the web
- Everything works correctly across all kinds of devices
- And more!
- Pricing for a package like this typically runs between $400 – $800, (depending on features needed), all told.
Interested? Learn more!
I encourage you to contact me for a discussion about what you have in mind. There will be no pressure of any kind… the truth is that you’re busy, I’m busy, and we simply need to see whether we’re a good fit for working together. I look forward to learning about your business! If you’d like to learn more about my small business credentials, I invite you to visit here. Thanks for your interest!